The department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics attends to the specific medical needs of women. A team of highly qualified and experienced Gynaecologists are available round the clock to attend to any emergencies. Special clinical services are also offered by the department to cater to holistic health care needs of women of all age groups.
DNB course was started in the year 2009. At present there are 10 PG students under training.
SENIOR FACULTY1. Dr. DEVIKA RANI, MD ,DGO
2. Dr. ELIZABETH PRITHI VARGHESE, DNB, DGO
3. Dr. GIRIJA LEELA, DGO, MD
4. Dr. KAVERI G., MD ,DGO
5. Dr. REMA SREEJITH, MD (O&G)
6. Dr. SHEELA SHENOY, MD ,DGO,M phil
7. Dr. SUBHADRA NAIR, MS , DGO
FACILITIES & SERVICES
- OP on all days
- Well equipped labor room with fetal monitors
- Care of high risk obstetric cases
- Performance of all major and minor surgical procedures
- Endoscopic facilities- laparoscopy, hysteroscopy etc.
- Couple centered counseling in Contraception, Ante-natal & Post-natal care in reproductive health.
- Ante-natal classes on labour, breast feeding, exercises in pregnancy and Post partum plus Nutrition in pregnancy.
- Counseling regarding Analgesis in Labour.
• Diagnostic laparoscopy – Infertility, pelvic pain, ovarian cysts, pelvic inflammatory diseases uterine anomalies.
• Therapeutic procedures – Infertility, Endometriosis, adenomyosis, fibroids, ectopic pregnancy, hysterectomy, ovarian cysts & ovarian mass, tubal ligation, tubal recanalization.
• Diagnostic hysteroscopy -- Infertility, Abnormal uterine bleeding, submucus fibroids & polyps, uterine anomaly
• Therapeutic -- Infertility, fibroids, polyps, uterine septal resection, tubal cannulation, adhesiolysis
ALL GYNAECOLOGICAL PROCEDURES
Well Women Clinics
Cancer screening for Breast &Cervix
Menopausal Symptoms Management
• Complete evaluation of Husband & wife
• Hysterolaparoscopic procedures
• Antenatal counseling
• 1st trimester screening
• Targeted anomaly scan
• Management of high risk cases like I U G R, Multiple pregnancy, Diabetes in consultation with Neonatology department
• Preterm delivery, PPROM, Preeclampsia
• Maternal diseases like Epilepsy, cardiac disease , auto immune disease like SLE , APLA Syndrome etc.
• Postnatal and family planning services
SPECIAL CLINICS• Antenatal clinic
• Postnatal clinic
• Family Planning clinic
• Infertility clinic
• Well women clinic
• Cancer detects clinic
• Adolescent clinic
• Menopause clinic